Flights to Cancun Airport increase – After months of slow operation, Cancun Airport is recovering its activities with the new normal. Some hotels in Cancun opened in 8 of June, and many tourist activities also returned, although with a low operating percentage. Cancun International Airport is gradually increasing its arrivals and departures in recent days, thanks to the reopening of tourism.
On June 14 a total of 65 international operations and flights were registered to and from Philadelphia, Charlotte, Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto, Miami, and Dallas. This represents a bit of hope, after difficult days with only 18 operations per day. It is important to highlight that the Cancun Airport is very well prepared to receive travelers, offering the best quality services. The airport is taking care of passengers with strict health measures, and all the staff is prepared too. In addition, Quintana Roo has a Travel Safety Stamp provided by the WTTC, which means that the destination is prepared with hygiene and sanitation measures.
At the moment, the airport already operates US airlines American Airlines, United Airlines, and Sun Country. Spirit Airlines will resume operations in the Mexican Caribbean starting June 25 with six routes and 11 weekly frequencies. We would like to show you the specific routes of this Airline.
Spirit Airlines Routes to Cancun starting June 25
- Baltimore/Washington (BWI) 3 weekly flights
- Dallas-Forth Worth (DFW) 2 weekly flights
- Detroit (DTW) 1 weekly flight
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL) 2 weekly flights
- Houston (IAH) 2 weekly flights
- Chicago (ORD) 1 weekly flight
Spirit Airlines Route July
- Baltimore/Washington (BWI) 5 weekly flights
- Dallas-Forth Worth (DFW) 7 weekly flights
- Detroit (DTW) 5 weekly flight
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL) 7 weekly flights
- Houston (IAH) 7 weekly flights
- Chicago (ORD) 5 weekly flight
Cancun will continue restarting its tourists activities, some restaurants are already open and we are waiting for the reopening of beaches. Even the most famous park in the Riviera Maya opened this June 15, Xcaret Park. Flights to Cancun Airport increase now you will be able to visit this paradise!