The hurricane season began in June 2021, hurricanes and tropical storms might appear during this season which goes from June to November.
Tropical Storm Grace was 370 kilometers east of Montego Bay, Jamaica, early Tuesday with maximum sustained winds of 65 kilometers per hour, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC). According to the latest update on Tuesday at 10:00 a.m., the tropical storm will become a hurricane tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m., hitting Quintana Roo as a category 1 hurricane during the early hours of Thursday.
At this time, “Grace” remains a Tropical Storm and is located 1,095 kilometers east-southeast of the coast of Cancun, however, in the last update of the National Hurricane Center, it would arrive as a hurricane in Quintana Roo, informed the governor Carlos Joaquin.
A Hurricane is about to hit Cancun and the Riviera Maya, the Cancun Airport might cancel some flights due to the natural phenomenon. if you are staying in the destination keep in mind this:
- If you are staying in the hotel zone, follow the instructions of your hotel zone
- If you are in an unsafe area, they will move you to a safer one
- Flights can be canceled, please note if you have a flight for next Wednesday night or early Tuesday morning
- Fly before the hurricane hits if you have a chance to do so
- As a category 1, the recovery will be fast, tourist activities may stop for one day
- Some avenues may be blocked due to falling trees
- Keep emergency numbers handy
Keep informed with the next updates on our social media!