Passport lost in Mexico?
When we travel, we always have to take care of all our belongings. But the most important thing is to take care of our official documents that identify us in another country. As in any part of the world, there is always a risk of losing your belongings, or a robbery If you are a United States citizen this is what you have to do.
1. REQUEST EMERGENCY PASSPORT
The Consular Agency of the United States of America in Cancun is open to the public from Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 13:30 hours. An appointment is required for all services. Such as applications of American passports, notary services, and other services that require physical presence.
- 011-52-999-942-5700 (direct line from the United States)
- 202-640-2511 (Calling through Vonage from the United States)
- 01-999-942-5700 (calling from outside of Cancun but within Mexican territory)
- 01-999-942-5700 (calling from Cancun)
- E-mail: ConAgencyCancun@state.gov
Address: Blvd. Kukulkan Km 13, Torre La Europea, Despacho 301 ZH, Cancún, Quintana Roo, México 77500.
2. FOR REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN AN EMERGENCY PASSPORT
- Information in English: https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/emergency-passport/
- Information in Spanish: https://mx.usembassy.gov/es/servicios-a-ciudadanos-de-estados-unidos/pasaportes/pasaportes-de-emergencia-para-menores-de-16-anos-y-adultos/
After read all the processes that you must do, you are ready for your next vacation. It is important to you know that in Mexico and Cancun there are people who can help you at any time do not hesitate to ask for help. If you are from another country please contact your consulate.